No UDB-Components for PSoC6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KlZo_3306126
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hello,

I have 2018/05/17 installed PSoC Creator 4.2.

My question is: how can I find or install UDB-based components for PSoC6?

I can't find any UDB like PWM, UART and so on in the installed catalog.

Klaus

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi Klaus,

At the moment, we do not provide the UDB implementation of the PWM, UART components.

But note that PSoC 6 has way more SCBs and TCPWMs than the other PSoCs, which probably would satisfy whatever requirements you have.

Regards,

Rodolfo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi Klaus,

At the moment, we do not provide the UDB implementation of the PWM, UART components.

But note that PSoC 6 has way more SCBs and TCPWMs than the other PSoCs, which probably would satisfy whatever requirements you have.

Regards,

Rodolfo

0 Likes

Hi Rodolfo,

thank's for your fast feedback. For your information: I work on porting a FORTH (mecrisp-stellaris, see https://sourceforge.net/projects/mecrisp/files/   )

for PSoC4, 5 und now for PSoC6. At past I use UDB Components for some examples. I will look if I can use the other components. Do you know when the UDB implementation will come out?

Regards

Klaus

0 Likes

Between Q4/2018 and Q1/2019.

0 Likes

Ah, ok. For your information: I work on porting a FORTH (mecrisp-stellaris, see https://sourceforge.net/projects/mecrisp/files/   )for PSoC4, 5 und now for PSoC6. At past I use UDB Components for some examples. I will look that I can use the other components.

Thanks

0 Likes

If you only need PWMs and UARTs (or any other standard hardware block or interface), I strongly recommend to use the TCPWM and SCBs.

They will be avaliable in all PSoC 6 parts. Note that some PSoC 6 parts will not have UDBs, so using the TCPWM and SCBs will let your porting work on any PSoC 6.

0 Likes

that's a good hint, thank you

0 Likes