4 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2018 12:47 PM by nickmckendree_1688136

issues building exception_handlers.c with DEBUG defined (WICED)

nickmckendree_1688136

I am trying to build the diagnostic exception handlers into my project. I have defined DEBUG as a global define in my application make file

GLOBAL_DEFINES += DEBUG

When I build, I get the following errors...

build/Quickprojects.PROJECT-QuicksilverEval-FreeRTOS-LwIP/libraries/MCU_BCM4390x.a(exception_handlers.o): In function `irq_vector_fast_interrupt':

exception_handlers.c:(.text.default_fast_interrupt_handler_with_dump+0x10): undefined reference to `exception_handler_saved_registers'

exception_handlers.c:(.text.default_fast_interrupt_handler_with_dump+0x14): undefined reference to `default_fast_interrupt_handler'

build/Quickprojects.PROJECT-QuicksilverEval-FreeRTOS-LwIP/libraries/MCU_BCM4390x.a(exception_handlers.o): In function `irq_vector_reserved':

exception_handlers.c:(.text.default_reserved_interrupt_handler_with_dump+0x10): undefined reference to `exception_handler_saved_registers'

exception_handlers.c:(.text.default_reserved_interrupt_handler_with_dump+0x14): undefined reference to `default_reserved_interrupt_handler'

build/Quickprojects.PROJECT-QuicksilverEval-FreeRTOS-LwIP/libraries/MCU_BCM4390x.a(exception_handlers.o): In function `irq_vector_prefetch_abort':

exception_handlers.c:(.text.prefetch_abort_handler_with_dump+0x10): undefined reference to `exception_handler_saved_registers'

exception_handlers.c:(.text.prefetch_abort_handler_with_dump+0x14): undefined reference to `prefetch_abort_handler'

build/Quickprojects.PROJECT-QuicksilverEval-FreeRTOS-LwIP/libraries/MCU_BCM4390x.a(exception_handlers.o): In function `irq_vector_data_abort':

exception_handlers.c:(.text.data_abort_handler_with_dump+0x10): undefined reference to `exception_handler_saved_registers'

exception_handlers.c:(.text.data_abort_handler_with_dump+0x14): undefined reference to `data_abort_handler'

build/Quickprojects.PROJECT-QuicksilverEval-FreeRTOS-LwIP/libraries/MCU_BCM4390x.a(exception_handlers.o): In function `irq_vector_undefined_instruction':

exception_handlers.c:(.text.undefined_instruction_handler_with_dump+0x10): undefined reference to `exception_handler_saved_registers'

exception_handlers.c:(.text.undefined_instruction_handler_with_dump+0x14): undefined reference to `undefined_instruction_handler'

Processor: CYW43907

Board: QuickSilver Eval

• 1. Re: issues building exception_handlers.c with DEBUG defined (WICED)
          mifo

Moving to Arrow Electronics support forum and adding amak_1632481 and bradley.evans_2458046 from the Arrow centralized software support team.

• 2. Re: issues building exception_handlers.c with DEBUG defined (WICED)
            amak_1632481

Hi nickmckendree_1688136,

For me without to see the code it seems there is no functions defined in the file, like you did only the declarations in the header or in the beg of the c file.

Or if they are in a different .c file maybe you have to add it on the .mk file.

for example :

$(NAME)_COMPONENTS := MYCfile1.c\

MYCfile2.c \

anotherC.c

Of course The "MYCfile.c" means the .c file in the project and the source code file is copied into the project library.

Have a nice day!

Mikeee

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: issues building exception_handlers.c with DEBUG defined (WICED)
              nickmckendree_1688136

In BCM4390x.mk,

exception_handlers.c is added to $(NAME)_SOURCES

$(NAME)_SOURCES := vector_table_$(TOOLCHAIN_NAME).S \

start_$(TOOLCHAIN_NAME).S \

BCM4390x_platform.c \

WAF/waf_platform.c \

../platform_resource.c \

../platform_stdio.c \

../wiced_platform_common.c \

../wiced_apps_common.c \

../wiced_waf_common.c \

../wiced_dct_external_common.c \

../wiced_dct_update.c \

../../$(HOST_ARCH)/crt0_$(TOOLCHAIN_NAME).c \

../../$(HOST_ARCH)/platform_cache.c \

../../$(HOST_ARCH)/platform_cache_asm.S \

platform_unhandled_isr.c \

platform_vector_table.c \

platform_filesystem.c \

platform_tick.c \

platform_chipcommon.c \

platform_deep_sleep.c \

wwd_platform.c \

../platform_nsclock.c \

../../$(HOST_ARCH)/exception_handlers.c      \

platform_audio_info.c \

platform_gspi_slave.c

• 4. Re: issues building exception_handlers.c with DEBUG defined (WICED)
                nickmckendree_1688136

Interesting... If I build the project in the debug configuration (make Target with -debug download option), then the exception data is printed, even if the DEBUG define is NOT set.