is there a standard ide for this product without schematics and components ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a standard IDE available for professional bare metal programmers ? actually I also normally write arm assembler at the RTL level.

Frankly I have never encountered an IDE like PSOC creator/desighner and I certainly would not countanence such a tool as part of any project I am involved in.

0 Likes
1 Solution
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

No.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats pretty short sighted of Cypress, most silicon vendors support a range of IDE's and no I dont mean by exporting your boilerplate to them

0 Likes

As you might see, PSoCs are successfully on the market for quite more than 10 years. Due to the complexity of the internals (which on the other hand is making PSoCs so versatile) the schematic entry and configuration dialogs for the components were chosen. You still might use the Creator  IDE to just create the schematic and export everything into another IDE like eclipse. There you may work with your favorite languge, even assembly.

BTW: What is your reason behind insisting in assembly language and register-setting? IMHO the time-to-market will be quite a lot more than using a(ny) high level language. And the challenge creating own components using HDL and program one (or more) of the UDBs within a PSoC5 keeps programming interesting enough.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob, taking your replies in turn firstly I was expecting to be able to program the UDB's myself using and HDL (either vhdl or verilog). I certainly have no wish to use any ready made components from Cypress or anyone else otherwise what is the point of a UDB! Well as I don't wan't to create a schematic in the first place I seem to have no use for the Cypress IDE at any level.

My intention was to use this chip for realtime power-control, high level languages have no place in such environments as there is no control over optimisation and latencies are excessive.

I dispute your comment about time to market, for an experienced engineer it is faster to learn a properly set-out RTL (unlike yours) than it does to learn an API for boilerplate code (boilerplate is thick (stupid) general purpose and unbendable).

I have decided given the severe limitations of your platform I will not be using it.

0 Likes