Can CYPD2121 be configured to handle the flipping/switching of a DEMUX via i2c in receiver/sink side displayPort application?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MAHA_3387506
Level 1
Level 1

I am designing a displayport sink with UFP USB TYPE C receptacle. Purpose is only to take care of the alternative mode DisplayPort signal. All USB and PD functions are not required.

I am using PS8742B as DEMUX for DP signal switching to handle the connector flipping. PS8742B need to be controlled via I2C. In that case, can I configure CYPD2121 to handle the flipping/switching control of PS8742 via I2C directly without using CYUSB3304 (which is part of the CCG2 USB Type-C Dock/Monitor Reference Schematic)?

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi MAVERICK HAN,

You are correct. I am recommend you use CYPD3123 instead of CYPD2121 to control PS8742 via i2c for flipping control and to use DP sink example code in SDK for CYPD3123 to achieve that purpose.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi MAVERICK HAN,

Yes. you can. You can use CYPD2121 to handle flipping/switching control of PS8742 via I2C directly without using CYUSB3304. The difficult is that there are no CCG2 DP sink example firmware in SDK. So that I could like to recommend you refer CCG3 Charge Through Dongle, and relevant example code in SDK is cypd3123.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply. Are you suggesting/ recommending to use CYPD3123 instead of CYPD2121 to control PS8742 via i2c for flipping control? And to use DP sink example code in SDK for CYPD3123 to achieve that purpose?

I am just trying to make sure to understand clearly of your recommendation.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

Hi MAVERICK HAN,

You are correct. I am recommend you use CYPD3123 instead of CYPD2121 to control PS8742 via i2c for flipping control and to use DP sink example code in SDK for CYPD3123 to achieve that purpose.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes