CY8C4014 Dowload hex SWD way;

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
David_Zhang
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Arrow(GC)
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

Hi  cypress:

Question 1:    when i use CY8C4014LQI-422 for touch,   as i know , P3.0/P3.1 is the debug port in SWD way,  but customer choose other GPIO, as it show below,

can you tell me if there is a way to debug the chip in p0.0/p0.1;

Question2:   when i choose CY8C4014LQI-422 as touch  and want to communicate with other MCU like ST89C51, I want to know how CY8C4014LQI-422 communicate with ST89C51, can you provide the manual to explain it ,  how MCU detected in  the touch of CY8C4014LQI-422 in IIC mode, and to realize . thanks;

SWD.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

1: No idea how you would get it to work on the other pins without external wire jumpers or some sort of mesh-routing in the program (Not sure that is even possible).

2: Are you asking what protocols you can use to communicate with another device? The PSoC Creator will have a components library section labeled "Communication" that contains module-components for using I2C, SPI, UART, CAN to communicate with other micro controllers. Any of those communication components should work if the PSoC Creator allows you to place/build the project.

If you are asking for I2C specifically:

Slave example: http://www.cypress.com/file/63151/download

Master example: CE95363 - I2C Master using a Serial Communication Block (SCB) with PSoC 4

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi David,

1. In my mind, you can print some log information through P0[0]&P[1], and use bootloader/bootloadable to upgrade its fw. PSoC4 Debug requires SWD interface but P0[0]&P[1] not able to support SWD.

2. The customer must customize their own I2C register map and load touch status in the I2C buffer. Use EzI2C, and the host can read shift register in the I2C buffer to obtain touch status, just like MBR3.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
David_Zhang
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Arrow(GC)
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

HI RZZH:

How can i download hex file to CY8C4014LQI-422 with   what you advice that bootloader/bootloadable to upgrade its fw?

though P1.0&P1.0 can't be used swd to download hex file to cy8c4014lqi-422, thanks;

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
0 Likes