hostapd patches in battra driver release. where/how?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The battra driver release (here) includes a set of patches for hostapd 2.6 (filename cypress-hostap_2_6-2018_0312.tar.gz).  Where and how are these patches applied?  I'm using Yocto Rocko release which pulls hostapd v2.6 by default.  The build fails when these patches are applied via .bbappend.

Regards,

Andrew

vnak

0 Likes
1 Solution
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi Andrew,

If you have the source of hostapd with you,  you could then apply the patches by doing the following:

In the hostapd source folder apply the patches provided in the battra page:

>>>for i in cypress-hostapd*/*.patch; do patch -p1 < $i; done

If this is not working then the source that you have downloaded from must be missing some files while patch is being done.

Where is the hostapd source downloaded from? Is it from the murata's git repo?

Regards,

Vinayak

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding vnak​ from the Applications team.

0 Likes
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi Andrew,

If you have the source of hostapd with you,  you could then apply the patches by doing the following:

In the hostapd source folder apply the patches provided in the battra page:

>>>for i in cypress-hostapd*/*.patch; do patch -p1 < $i; done

If this is not working then the source that you have downloaded from must be missing some files while patch is being done.

Where is the hostapd source downloaded from? Is it from the murata's git repo?

Regards,

Vinayak

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vinayak,

I was able to get the hostapd patches working.  I'm using the Yocto build system and my recipe pulls the patches directly from Murata's GIT site (https://github.com/murata-wireless/meta-murata-wireless).

I'm running into another issue now with building wpa-supplicant 2.6 with all of Murata's patches but I think this has more to do with the fact that I'm trying to target a newer Yocto release (rocko) than the one they're supporting (morty).  For now I'm just building it "as-is" directly from Yocto/rocko without any additional patches.

Thanks,

Andrew