export/import pinout allocation to CSV feature in creator enhancement request is already present.I can't comment on its timeline for implementation.
Great to hear that!
In the meantime,
- Is there an api or command line tool to directly access the pins and/or project configuration !?
- Which of the project files contains the pin config and pinmux(able) information?
- Is the format of the project files documented somewhere so that we could write a script to extract the needed information directly from the creator source files?
I am not sure how much this will be useful, but there is SVD file inside .cydsn folder which has all the component used details.
RPT file have the pin details under section "Pin Listing"
Let's say I make a script that parses this and push back the pin-swaps needed.
Can you help tell which file(s) are actually read by the project / psoc creator so the changes would be pushed back!?
You can try using the control file for forcing the pin assignment. PSoC Creator Help -> Control File.
Interesting! Didn't know about this feature. This prevents us from using the pin-editor completely though.
We could potentially
- use creator to setup all pins
- run a script that parses the .rpt file
- create a control file
- build again
But I'd rather push back the pin-swap changes to the project-file, just need your help to tell me exactly which file is the source for the "Pins editor"
CYDWR file contains the pin selection details. Which is not easily readable and modifying this file directly can cause the project to break. So we will not be able to assist in using the CYDWR file outside PSoC Creator, this is not supported.
thanks! looks fairly straight forward.
<Data key="0b60b5dd-0505-492e-9593-872bd6170b72" value="MY_BUTTON" />
references port and pin, so should be safe to use this as the transport.
only thing is that we would have to close the project in between.
<Data key="Port Format" value="5,7" />
Just checking in if this has been implemented?