FX3 USB SuperSpeed kit picozed interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm designing a carrier board for picozed SOM. I would like to have usb 3 connectivity. To shorten the development time, I plan to use the super speed kit for implementing the usb 3 communication. I see that the kit uses a normal berg connector array for the GPIF and other control signals. Will this affect the signal throughput in anyway ? What is the cut-off length that I should have in mind to achieve 1Gbps+ speeds when using this on the carrier card ?

Thank you,

Mugundhan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello Mugundhan,

Please refer to the section 6 "GPIF II interface" of the following document:

http://www.cypress.com/file/139936/download

If the GPIF bus is length matched as mentioned in the above section, if the impedance mismatch is taken care by using suitable series resistors and if the GPIF timings are according to the GPIF II timing mentioned in the datasheet then there shouldn't be any issue. With 100MHz clock on the GPIF II interface and bus configured to be 32 bit width, you can achieve 400MB/s.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello Mugundhan,

Please refer to the section 6 "GPIF II interface" of the following document:

http://www.cypress.com/file/139936/download

If the GPIF bus is length matched as mentioned in the above section, if the impedance mismatch is taken care by using suitable series resistors and if the GPIF timings are according to the GPIF II timing mentioned in the datasheet then there shouldn't be any issue. With 100MHz clock on the GPIF II interface and bus configured to be 32 bit width, you can achieve 400MB/s.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes