I am using CY8C3866AXI-040 IC,

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

can I use DEBUG PINS for UART (TxRx) ? Or i have to use anther pins for UART ?

Should I assign it separately in .cydwr ? Or it will be assigned automatically ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you create a project with PSoC Creator for your selected chip, then you can manually route UART and other IO pins to the various hardware pins to see if you can route them.

SWD debug pins are optional, and can be used as GPIO. But, if you want an external debugger, then you will need those SWD Debug pins to run the debugger.

If you want specific pin locations, then you will want to assign it yourself, otherwise it will be automatically assigned to whatever pins are available.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you create a project with PSoC Creator for your selected chip, then you can manually route UART and other IO pins to the various hardware pins to see if you can route them.

SWD debug pins are optional, and can be used as GPIO. But, if you want an external debugger, then you will need those SWD Debug pins to run the debugger.

If you want specific pin locations, then you will want to assign it yourself, otherwise it will be automatically assigned to whatever pins are available.

0 Likes