1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 1:52 PM by MichaelF_56

BCM20737S

> I simply want to send a few bytes out the BCM20737S SPI, and receive some back, after connecting to it via iOS or Android or Windows.

>

> 1. does your app for Wahoo do this already, vs what BRCM might already have available? 

>

> 2. also, on the ACKme module itself, not the Wahoo, is there enough space to clip or solder onto power, GND, and SPI pins, etc. to get this simple R/W functional?

>

> 3.how slow/fast min/max can I send data on SPI from BCM20737 IC?

• 1. Re: BCM20737S
          MichaelF_56

userc_3538

Not sure I follow this dialog as it looks like a cut and paste from a separate email dialog.

For testing SPI, we have an application within the SDK that includes a Windows peer application: /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/spi_comm_slave

This application initializes the second SPI interface on the BCM2073XS to communicate with the peer device as a SPI slave.

There is also a /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/spi_comm_master example, but it does not include a companion Windows peer app.

This application essentially initializes the second SPI interface on the BCM2073XS to communicate with the a peer device as a SPI master.

Not clear on the inferences to Wahoo.

The customer would need to buy an eval board (or sample from a distributor) and look at the documentation to determine both design options and speed tradeoffs (the second SPI is 6MHz).

ACKme also has their Bobcat board which leverages our BLE device. userc_6124 can help you with the Zentri solution.