Default value in the Firmware Configuration Block (FCB) and the Discovered Bad Block Table (DBBT) of S34ML04G2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaMo_1534561
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 replies posted 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello,

Is there any data in the Firmware Configuration Block (FCB) and the Discovered Bad Block Table (DBBT) of S34ML04G2 by default ?

Best Regards,

Naoaki Morimoto

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I guess you are asking about the Firmware Configuration Block (FCB) and the Discovered Bad Block Table (DBBT) of the NAND controller.

As we do not provide the NAND controller we do not have the data, the data might be available in the controller datasheet.

Also, to recognize initial bad blocks in NAND flash, below KBA might be helpful.

Marking and Recognizing Bad Blocks in NAND Flash - KBA219305

As mentioned in the KBA and also in datasheet, Cypress SLC NAND products may contain factory bad blocks when shipped.

Any block where the 1st byte in the spare area of the 1st or 2nd or last page does not contain FFh is a Bad Block.

More reference regarding NAND Flash Bad Blocks:

Bad Blocks in NAND Flash Devices - KBA215722

NAND FLASH FAQS - KBA222274 (JA)

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Thanks,

Nada

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I guess you are asking about the Firmware Configuration Block (FCB) and the Discovered Bad Block Table (DBBT) of the NAND controller.

As we do not provide the NAND controller we do not have the data, the data might be available in the controller datasheet.

Also, to recognize initial bad blocks in NAND flash, below KBA might be helpful.

Marking and Recognizing Bad Blocks in NAND Flash - KBA219305

As mentioned in the KBA and also in datasheet, Cypress SLC NAND products may contain factory bad blocks when shipped.

Any block where the 1st byte in the spare area of the 1st or 2nd or last page does not contain FFh is a Bad Block.

More reference regarding NAND Flash Bad Blocks:

Bad Blocks in NAND Flash Devices - KBA215722

NAND FLASH FAQS - KBA222274 (JA)

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Thanks,

Nada

0 Likes