Problem Tuning CapSense Using UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purpose:

I have a CY8CKIT-049-4200 prototyping kit and I want to tune the CapSense buttons over UART through its onboard CY7C65211 USB-UART bridge.

Procedure:

I followed the datasheet PSoC 4 Capacitive Sensing 5.0, page 120.

I set up the UART SCB component at TX-only, 115200 bps, 8 bits accordingly.

Then I copied the example code to the main.c, flash the program under bootloader.

After I launch the Sense Tuner I set the communication the same as the UART SCB.

UART.PNG

Then after I clicked "connect", I got the error "The requested packet is not found" after several seconds.

tuner.PNG

In addition, If I try to replug the USB cable, there's a possibility that the cursor of my computer will go mad, it will move randomly and this symptom disappears when I pulled the Tx wire on the PSoC. I tried switching the USB port, reinstall IDE with driver and working on another PC but with no luck.

Environment:

Windows 10 Pro x64 build 16299,

PSoC Creator 4.2

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

We would like to say that  CapSense Tuner do not support communication via UART. CapSense Tuner GUI supports communication through only I2C.

If you have Miniprog or Kitprog with you, configure the EZI2C block as I2C, please connect it to respective I2C pins, set the Data rate and sub address size accordingly. I attached example projects for your reference.

Kindly update if you have any queries.

Thank you

Best regards

Ganesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ganesh,

The latest CapSense component i.e. v5.0 supports reading the CapSense data over UART. You cannot change any parameter if ur using UART since the communication is unidirectional.

-Chethan

0 Likes