Installing WICED_Studio_installer.bin in console UI mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2170816
Level 3
Level 3
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First question asked

Hello all,

I am trying to build my code on a Jenkins Server running at a AWS EC2 instance. In order to install WICED installer, I followed the instructions at the link WICED Studio 4.1.1 (Linux 64-bit)

[user1]$ ./WICED-Studio-4.1.1.8-IDE-Installer.bin command did not work. So I tried [user1]$ ./WICED-Studio-4.1.1.8-IDE-Installer.bin -i Console command. It gives "Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported" error. But I have java installed my ec2 instance.

Sample terminal output is the following:

Workspace 1_003.png

Is there any suggestions to install WICED_Studio_4.1.1 into my ec2 instance.

Best Regards,

Oguz.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have tried to install these packages. Some of them were already on my system, some of them were not available for my system.

But I have tried something different. I installed WICED-Studio-4.1.1.8-IDE-Installer.bin with its UI on my local Linux instead of my AWS EC2 instance. Then I transferred 43xxx_Wi-Fi file from my local Linux to AWS EC2 instance. Of course, it did not worked first. But only thing that you have to deal with is permissions. I set the necessary permissions according to errors during compile and its working now.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Best regards,

Oguz.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Have you tried reinstalling OpenJDK.  JDK library files should be present at /usr/lib/jvm/<openjdk-files>. Sometimes the JDK may appear to be installed, but would contain only the JRE files.

>>sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk

-Thanks

Vinayak

Thanks vnak,

I have tried to reinstalling OpenJDK but it did not work. /usr/lib/jvm/<openjdk-files> are present, as it is in the picture.

After I saw nothing changed, I deleted java files and installed again as instructed at link: https://tecadmin.net/install-java-8-on-centos-rhel-and-fedora/

Failure again...

Workspace 1_004.png

Is there more comment on that?

Best Regards,

Oguz

0 Likes

Check for the following dependency packages.

libX11.i686 libXtst.i686 gtk2.i686 glibc.i686 libgcc.i686 webkitgtk.i686

>>yum list installed

-Thanks

Vinayak

I have tried to install these packages. Some of them were already on my system, some of them were not available for my system.

But I have tried something different. I installed WICED-Studio-4.1.1.8-IDE-Installer.bin with its UI on my local Linux instead of my AWS EC2 instance. Then I transferred 43xxx_Wi-Fi file from my local Linux to AWS EC2 instance. Of course, it did not worked first. But only thing that you have to deal with is permissions. I set the necessary permissions according to errors during compile and its working now.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Best regards,

Oguz.

0 Likes

WICED-Studio-4.1.1.8 is quite old version.

You should try recent releases (6.x.x).

0 Likes