How to download two files which are in on project to dual core?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to download the code example CE220818, but I don't know how to choose different files in one project to two different core in my dual core kit. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Xiaojing,

Projects in CE220818 are designed for both cores. If you want to download the generated .hex file to PSoC 6, it is fine to choose either cm0+ or cm4, because both cm0+ and cm4 would be programmed with respective part essentially.

Hex file under the cm4 folder of PSoC 6 project  covers both cm0+ and cm4;

Hex file under the cm0+ folder of PSoC 6 project covers only cm0+.

Hope I got what you mean.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Xiaojing,

Projects in CE220818 are designed for both cores. If you want to download the generated .hex file to PSoC 6, it is fine to choose either cm0+ or cm4, because both cm0+ and cm4 would be programmed with respective part essentially.

Hex file under the cm4 folder of PSoC 6 project  covers both cm0+ and cm4;

Hex file under the cm0+ folder of PSoC 6 project covers only cm0+.

Hope I got what you mean.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

what does "hex file" mean?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a format for storing a program binary.
Intel HEX - Wikipedia

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I checked the program through Uart by printing char, I found that different message planned to be printed from two core was printed through one port. Should not two message be printed through two port? And why my computer recognized two port like this,but only one port could receive result(I have downloaded the same program to two cores)?N3]6YW%BKX%IQH8(~J24PHF.png22`~EFQ{HW`6@I8(B53K5]C.png

0 Likes