Temperature measurement on 43903

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Anybody knows if 43903 chip has internal (on-chip) temperature sensor?

If yes, I would be really grateful for any kind of info how to retrieve a temperature value from it...

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can use wl phy_tempsense command to check the die temperature. Before doing that make sure WLAN is in up state and by setting wl mpc 0. If you want to use APIs, you can check the IOVAR phy_tempsense (as located in line no. 2616 of 43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/test/wl_tool/43909B0/wl/exe/wlm.c) . I am attaching a sample code here tested with CYW943907AEVAL1F platform, see if that helps. For further understanding of IOCTL/IOVARs, you can refer to How to use IOCTL commands in CYW43907

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can use wl phy_tempsense command to check the die temperature. Before doing that make sure WLAN is in up state and by setting wl mpc 0. If you want to use APIs, you can check the IOVAR phy_tempsense (as located in line no. 2616 of 43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/test/wl_tool/43909B0/wl/exe/wlm.c) . I am attaching a sample code here tested with CYW943907AEVAL1F platform, see if that helps. For further understanding of IOCTL/IOVARs, you can refer to How to use IOCTL commands in CYW43907

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks rroy...

Solution described by you works for me.

0 Likes