read Custom Characteristic

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have a small issue with my BLE design:

I have built a Bluetooth application and everything seems to work fine, except that I’m not getting any data the first time I read a Custom Characteristic, if I do it a second time I get the data correct. it is only the first time I read after a connection.

Capture.PNG

I’m testing with the cySmart App for android. Does anyone have an Idea, how to solve this issue.

I hope you can give me a hint, I’m not sure where to begin, I must be missing something, thanks in advance.

Best regards

1. S. Panduro
0 Likes
1 Solution
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

sop_1632231

It's may due to your phone not pair with your device. Try to pair first and then read the data.

If still not working, please attached your project for us to reproduce your issue.

Regards

Jenson

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are handling the read request event for the PSoC 4 firmware, then you may be handling the firmware event incorrectly?

I believe I encountered this when I first started writing BLE software as well, and it turned into a bad code sequencing or event handling (I don't remember exactly )

Try testing with one of the example BLE projects from PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

to see if it is your firmware, or some other issue that is causing the delayed read response.

0 Likes
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

sop_1632231

It's may due to your phone not pair with your device. Try to pair first and then read the data.

If still not working, please attached your project for us to reproduce your issue.

Regards

Jenson