Timer/Counter Count Input

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Members

I have a question about the Count Input of the Timer / Counter component.

Q1. Please tell me how to count when Count Input is set to Disable. I think the counter will change its count on every input clock edge.

Q2.It is described in the data sheet as follows "if this input is configured for level sensitive, the counter will change its count on each pre-scaled clock edge."

If so, at the level setting, the change in count value will not depend on count input. Is this recognition correct? If it is incorrect, please tell me how the count input influences the change of count at the level setting.

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Q1. Please tell me how to count when Count Input is set to Disable. I think the counter will change its count on every input clock edge.

Yes it is correct.

Q2.It is described in the data sheet as follows "if this input is configured for level sensitive, the counter will change its count on each pre-scaled clock edge."

If so, at the level setting, the change in count value will not depend on count input. Is this recognition correct? If it is incorrect, please tell me how the count input influences the change of count at the level setting.

This is correct. But this will apply good only when the count input is active (high). If it is low count would not increment based on the clock input.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Yes it is correct.

This is correct. But this will apply good only when the count input is active (high). If it is low count would not increment based on the clock input.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes