What is the meaning of status in encryptionChanged?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking at proximity_client application in SDK2.1.1.

In ancs_client_encryption_changed,

status gets the value of evt+1 and it seems to be the length of HCI_EVT_HDR.

but I can not understand clearly what the "status" means.

If status means length of evt, then why does 0 return mean successful pairing?

I tested several cases, and normally return value of status is 0.

When I redownload sensor image after successful pairing with central, I could see 6 or 8 in status variable when I try to reconnect with central.

Could you please explain what 6 or 8 means and this status does?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JaWa_2142591
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 10 likes received First like received

If you look at Bluetooth Core Spec 4.1, p1141, you’ll see the description for the status. 0 means Encryption Change has occurred.

6 means PIN or key Missing, this happens when you reconnect to a slave but it’s link key was missed. (probably due to reflash image)

8 means Connection Timeout, this happens when either master or slave doesn’t respond to the connection. for example, when out-of-range you’ll see it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JaWa_2142591
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 10 likes received First like received

If you look at Bluetooth Core Spec 4.1, p1141, you’ll see the description for the status. 0 means Encryption Change has occurred.

6 means PIN or key Missing, this happens when you reconnect to a slave but it’s link key was missed. (probably due to reflash image)

8 means Connection Timeout, this happens when either master or slave doesn’t respond to the connection. for example, when out-of-range you’ll see it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

janusw.

Thank you for the answer.

It helps.

0 Likes