How to setup PSOC Creator w/ PSOC 6 Pioneer Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry if this was already asked, but I can't seem to figure out how to begin with this kit. Psoc Creator says I have no kits installed and to go to the forums. I found a post in the forums that led me to release notes. The release notes pointed me to the PSOC 6 Pioneer Kit website. The pioneer kit website pointed me to psoc creator website, which pointed back to itself, with no information about how to download and install the kit.

Can someone either provide a link to some detailed instructions or help me out with some detailed instructions. I've never used PSOC Creator, and this is my first Cypress kit. I'm beyond lost.

Thanks for the help!

-Kyle

0 Likes
1 Solution

Kyle,

Yes, the current installation packet only contains some layout / schematic files, and the .exe file is missed.

Some clarification in this document may not up to date. Sorry for the misunderstanding brought to you.

Actually PSoC 6 kit can work on your platform as long as you have installed PSoC Creator 4.2PSoC Creator 4.2 Production Release! and PDL3.0.1.

PDL 3.0.1 would be installed automatically along with installing PSoC Creator 4.2.

If there is old version PSoC Creator 4.2 or PDL3.0.1 installed previously, please firstly uninstall it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Kyle,

Glad to see you are starting with PSoC 6 Pioneer kit as the first step.

Before you begin, you can refer to document "PSoC® 6 BLE Pioneer Kit Guide":

http://www.cypress.com/file/390496/download

which introduces this kit basically and clarifies what you meed to do before you start with PSoC 6 Pioneer kit.

Also, you can find all code examples available for this kit with referring this document.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi fwan,

I saw that document and it points to PSoC® 6 BLE Pioneer Kit to download the kit software. When you download it, you get a zip file, but the exe is missing. Maybe the download was changed? I did get a project started, but I'm missing the kit functions without that .exe

-Kyle

0 Likes

Kyle,

Yes, the current installation packet only contains some layout / schematic files, and the .exe file is missed.

Some clarification in this document may not up to date. Sorry for the misunderstanding brought to you.

Actually PSoC 6 kit can work on your platform as long as you have installed PSoC Creator 4.2PSoC Creator 4.2 Production Release! and PDL3.0.1.

PDL 3.0.1 would be installed automatically along with installing PSoC Creator 4.2.

If there is old version PSoC Creator 4.2 or PDL3.0.1 installed previously, please firstly uninstall it.

0 Likes

Hello fwan,

I am also in trouble.

I want you to urgently correct ZIP file.

Kenji

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

User 1146945,

What fwan was saying is that there is nothing to correct. If you install psoc Creator, then you're ready to start. There is no kit package .

I suggest watching the psoc Creator 101 videos, they are kinda slow. But they do get you started .

PSoC 6 101: Lesson 1-1 Introduction - YouTube

0 Likes