Thank you for contacting Cypress Community Forum. We are working on your case. Will get back to as soon as we find the resolution.
Have a wonderful day
I have also the same issue.
Interrested in the new answers
Hello Ramya, Francois,
Can you try to program it with .jic file? When converting the .sof file to the .jic file, please select EPCS device and disable EPCS ID check.
Please let me if this works.
That is exactly what I did !
- Translate .SOF file into .JIC file (convert programming files... on Files sub-menu and in "Advance options" selecting the option to disable EPCS ID check) selecting the other options... FPGA device (5CGX4FC6) and adding the .SOF file...
- Selecting the target device in the JTAG chain (it is a multi devices chain)
- with "Change File" option, add the .JIC file . This automatically add a QSIP flash above the FPGA image
- select the appropriate boxes for programming these devices
- then "Start" button on the programmer...
This fails with the message: device ID doesn't match with the JTAG file ID...
Apparently the disable EPCS ID Check option has no effect :-(
I tried with several Quartus Programmer version : 15.1 - 16.0 - 17.0.1 --- Same results !
This new version of AN98558 gives some new tricks and I succeeded in programming my flash
The Cyclone V gets now its configuration bitsteram correctly and "CONF_DONE" brings up at end end of configuration process.