Am I using the right part?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am thinking of using a CCG2 chip in the design of an USB-C PD power source, and have the following questions:

1/ in my design, I only need the CCGx chip to handle the USB-C PD messaging. Is the CCG2 chip sufficient to do the job?

2/ The firmware image is provided by Cypress but not the source code, it means I cannot nor do I need to understand the internals of the firmware. I am assuming that the firmware includes the user interface for me to configure the PD parameters, and that’s all I need. Am I right?

These are the two essential questions that I need answered before I pursue any further on the CCGx solution. Thank you very much!

Francis

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Francis,

1. This is depends on what's PD SPEC you are going to support. CCG2 is only support PD2.0. If you need PD3.0, you need CCG3, or CCG4 or CCG3PA helps you out.

2. Yes, You are correct. I have also reply it with other forum from you with SDK. Recommend you go through the user guide of SDK.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Francis,

1. This is depends on what's PD SPEC you are going to support. CCG2 is only support PD2.0. If you need PD3.0, you need CCG3, or CCG4 or CCG3PA helps you out.

2. Yes, You are correct. I have also reply it with other forum from you with SDK. Recommend you go through the user guide of SDK.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liza,

Thank you very much for your reply. I shall follow the links that you sent me for further study of the CCGX solutions.

Sincerely,

Francis

0 Likes