CSD and USB in 48-pin PSoC 4200L

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm working on a design of a cap sense using Cypress PSoC family. The project consists of an upgrade of an existing one which uses the part CY8C4245AXI-483. One of the requirements is to change this part to one which has an integrated USB controller but within the same family. So, I chose the part CY8C4246AZI-L433.

Reading the datasheet, I'm in doubt whether this part has the pins csd_c_mod and csd_c_sh_tank, that are used for the cap sense. Like the figures show, these functionalities should be at pins P5.0 and

P5.1 or at P4.2 and P4.3:

p5-csd.pngp4-csd.png

But, looking at other section of the datasheet, as the following figure, we see those pins don't exist in the 48-pin-USB MCU:

48-pin-comp.png

So, my question is: is it possible to implement a sense cap with the part which has an integraded USB and 48-pin?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Israel,

I searched all 48-TQFP device of PSoC series. I am afraid there is no one 48-TQFP device to support both CapSense and USB for now.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Israel,

I searched all 48-TQFP device of PSoC series. I am afraid there is no one 48-TQFP device to support both CapSense and USB for now.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Ryan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Ryan.

I think I have to use the 64-pin MCU instead.

0 Likes