Generate raw binary with IAR has problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hawa_2235191
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked 5 sign-ins Welcome!

I found generating raw binary has problem with IAR for PSoC6. I created test projects for both cm0+ and cm4, add IAR project connections, build cm0plus project, then cm4 project. Choose conversion to raw binary in IAR for CM4 project then build.

pastedImage_0.png

But I see project build never end when converting to raw binary, I had to manually hit Ctrl+C to end this. Then I see the following log. When I check the output, I did see cm4.bin which is now very big, consuming over 1.8GB. So if I do not end the conversion, it will consume all my disk space!

pastedImage_1.png

Actually this is similar to what mentioned in How to generate bin file for PSoC6 with fromelf tool in Keil?

Looks like PSoC6 support for generating raw binary has problem.

Hao

0 Likes
1 Reply
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

I'm able to successfully generate the Raw binary for PSoC 6 MCU project in IAR EWB. I'm using the IAR EWB v8.20.1. Generated binary file seems to be large though.

Please check your project settings. I followed the steps provided in Setting up a PSoC 6 IAR Project section of PSoC Creator Help document to set up the IAR project.

0 Likes