BCM2073X: blecm_SelectAddress() does not clear the whitelist

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I have observed is that after blecm_SelectAddress() is used to add an entry to the whitelist, that Bluetooth address remains on the whitelist even after I call blecm_SelectAddress() again with the "num" parameter set to 0. According to another post on this forum this should clear the whitelist, but it does not work.

Has anyone out there been able to successfully clear the whitelist after it was set?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

kcj

Here's the instructions we promised (with code) that walks you through setting up the whitelist feature and testing it using three peripherals connecting to one central.

How to add and remove peripherals from White List

We will spend some additional time this week cleaning it up and making it easier to verify the BD_ADDR of the connected device.

Thanks to abuch and vik86 for putting this together and testing the feature.

andrew997 kilian.timmler@exelonix.com

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

My apologies for the delayed response Kevin.  I know that at one point we we having some issues with the Whitelist feature on the BCM20736/37 and I am not sure if this is part of the original issue.

I will ask the developers to respond.

martyg andrew997

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

This was also sent to us via your local FAE.

Note that we had documented several problems with the Whitelist feature already in the previous SDK, and at this point we are not sure if any of these were addressed in recent SDK release (version 2.2).

It's possible that you have found another issue with the feature, not sure.

We do feel that this feature is important as it remembers that you already paired with a specific device and on subsequent attempts to the device it does not ask gain for the Passkey, so our team will test and verify that this specific functionality is not functioning correctly.

If we find that is the case, we will submit a change request to engineering and escalate so that the feature gets fixed within the next release of the SDK (ETA of that released is not known at this point).

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

andrew997 bwells279 martyg vik86

0 Likes

kcj andrew997 martyg

Could you please post the smallest app (say modify hello_sensor) that can be used to reproduce this problem?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will look into creating something and get back to you soon

0 Likes

kcj

Here's the instructions we promised (with code) that walks you through setting up the whitelist feature and testing it using three peripherals connecting to one central.

How to add and remove peripherals from White List

We will spend some additional time this week cleaning it up and making it easier to verify the BD_ADDR of the connected device.

Thanks to abuch and vik86 for putting this together and testing the feature.

andrew997 kilian.timmler@exelonix.com

0 Likes