regarding fx2lp i2c interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

i want to  interface eeprom for booting and rtc,temperature sensortrough i2c with fx2lp.

i have found i2c example in this path C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Target\Lib\LP

1)i2c.c

2)i2c_rw.c

when to use these .c file?

both are same?

can i use these i2c functions to interface both eeprom(boot loading)and rtc??

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Geetha,

The I2C lines of FX2LP can be used for both booting and normal I2C operations. While I2C EEPROM is being for used for booting, it should be noted that there should be no other devices that is pulling the I2C SDA and SCL lines LOW. This would prevent the FX2LP from enumerating.

The i2c.c and i2c_rw.c files are not examples by themselves. These files have to be included in the firmware to perform READ/WRITE operations using the I2C lines. Please refer to AN45471 (AN45471 - Create Your Own USB Vendor Commands Using FX2LP | Cypress Semiconductor) which contains the vendor command implementation to read/write data into EEPROM.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Geetha,

The I2C lines of FX2LP can be used for both booting and normal I2C operations. While I2C EEPROM is being for used for booting, it should be noted that there should be no other devices that is pulling the I2C SDA and SCL lines LOW. This would prevent the FX2LP from enumerating.

The i2c.c and i2c_rw.c files are not examples by themselves. These files have to be included in the firmware to perform READ/WRITE operations using the I2C lines. Please refer to AN45471 (AN45471 - Create Your Own USB Vendor Commands Using FX2LP | Cypress Semiconductor) which contains the vendor command implementation to read/write data into EEPROM.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The I2C lines of FX2LP can be used for both booting and normal I2C operations.

-->i understood.

While I2C EEPROM is being for used for booting, it should be noted that there should be no other devices that is pulling the I2C SDA and SCL lines LOW. This would prevent the FX2LP from enumerating.

i have interfaced temperature sensor, light sensor ,eeprom(2),rtc ,image sensor through i2c with different i2c adress and also eeprom(1) for booting purpuse,i have gone through i2c boot option application load.

please find my attached schematic for my project.

can i interafce these devices ?and i am included  i2c.c in the firmware for these devices interface.is it work?

please verify this schematic.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

scheee.bmp

0 Likes

If there is a single I2C master and multiple slaves with different slave addresses, there should not be any bus conflict on the I2 lines.