How to set CYW43907 to HT40?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DeXi_1316761
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - Future(GC)
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 replies posted

I use the 802.11n in CYW43907. I found that the function wiced_wifi_set_ht_mode() can modify the  bandwidth to HT40. In STA port, it return success, but in AP port it return the error code 2001. How to set the AP to HT40M? Is this method right?

1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

​Please use this patch with the 6.2 release FW to set 43907 to HT40.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

If you check the definition of wwd_wifi_set_11n_support() API (inside wwd_wifi.h), it is clearly written that only STA interface is supported for now. Hence, when you try to set the HT mode for the AP interface, it returns a generic error.

0 Likes
DeXi_1316761
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - Future(GC)

wiced_wifi_set_ht_mode(), does this function only use in STA interface yet?  So, how to set the AP to HT40M?

0 Likes

In the API level, you need to wwd_wifi_ap_up() and wiced_wifi_down() or wwd_wifi_set_down() API before invoking the API wwd_wifi_set_ht_mode(). Are you following that sequence and receiving the error? Instead, you can do the same using wl commands. Check the wl mimo_bw_cap [<capability>] command for further information in CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems

0 Likes

Your previous reply says setting HT mode won't work for AP interface.

But the follow up reply says it should work for AP interface.

That is really confusion.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi rroy, I tried wiced_network_up() -> wiced_wifi_down() -> wiced_wifi_set_ht_mode() -> wiced_wifi_up(). The wiced_wifi_set_ht_mode() return success but the AP is not up again (can't detect this AP is on air). Can you help to post a code snippet to show what is the right sequence to set HT40? Thanks.

0 Likes
lock attach
RaktimR_11

Sure. Please check the attached code.

0 Likes

Your attached file checks wrong return value?

result1 = wiced_wifi_up();

WPRINT_APP_INFO(("\n wifi up status is %d\n", result2));

0 Likes
DeXi_1316761
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - Future(GC)

HI, rroy,

I modify code according to your method. Sometimes all returns is 0, the process can go on. But I use the wifi analysis software to check the effect in my phone, it display that this AP network channel width is 20M. You can try it.

0 Likes

Hello Derek,

Even I have seen the same thing in wireshark; probably because it is not getting configured in 802.11n mode (valid for only STA). Let me check this internally whether the wwd_wifi_set_11n_support  API can somehow be leveraged for the AP interface as well to configure the channel width as 40M.

0 Likes

Raktim Roy wrote:

Hello Derek,

Even I have seen the same thing in wireshark; probably because it is not getting configured in 802.11n mode (valid for only STA). Let me check this internally whether the wwd_wifi_set_11n_support  API can somehow be leveraged for the AP interface as well to configure the channel width as 40M.

So any update?

0 Likes
lock attach

​Please use this patch with the 6.2 release FW to set 43907 to HT40.

6.2 is not yet release, why not merge the patch to 6.2?

0 Likes

I will internally forward your opinion to the developers. But unfortunately, these changes can't be merged to 6.2 most probably.

0 Likes

How do you do this given that 6.2 isnt released yet?

Alan

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

Apologies for the prematured patch. Right now, it's not really possible to validate the patch. The patch is applicable with the 6.2 Release firmware. As the SDK release is just around the corner, I provided this update to the customer so that he can test this patch when 6.2 is released.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

arh

SDK went into SVT at ES10 several weeks back, so at that point, patches are no longer being merged.

We expect production release of 6.2 in the next two weeks.

0 Likes