2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2018 2:34 PM by alessandrocasella

Why I2C Bus is busy with two devices?

alessandrocasella

Good evening,

i'm trying to getting two MPU-9250 working via I2C with PSOC as Master.

Connecting to the bus only one MPU-9250 everything works perfectly!

Using two devices won't work, and the I2C_SendStart() says: I2C Bus Busy!

Testing without any device connected the I2C_SendStart() function says at first attempt: I2C_NAK (it seems the right answer when no devices answers to the call of the PSOC), after from the second attempt I2C answers Bus Busy!  To free the bus i have to use the I2C_SendStop() function, but i using it yet... but doesn't free the bus.

The MPU-9250 used is on a IMU breakout board by sparkfun: SparkFun IMU Breakout - MPU-9250 - SEN-13762 - SparkFun Electronics

Thank you for support!

• 1. Re: Why I2C Bus is busy with two devices?
          user_1377889

Could it be that the pull up resistors from two devices are out of limit? Are you using a Cypress prototyping kit which also has gutpullups?

Bob

• 2. Re: Why I2C Bus is busy with two devices?
            alessandrocasella

I don’t know for sure..

Reading an NXT I2C datasheet i have read that for 400kbit speed i need a 1K pullup, according the IMU schema, it has an integrated 10K pullup.

So is possibile that one IMU works and 2 doesn’t for this reason?

Anyway i'm using a CY8KIT-059 (PSOC 5LP) Prototyping Kit

Il giorno 15 gen 2018, alle ore 21:43, user_1377889 <community-manager@cypress.com> ha scritto:

CYPRESS DEVELOPER COMMUNITY

Why I2C Bus is busy with two devices?

reply from user_1377889 in PSoC 5 - View the full discussion

Could it be that the pull up resistors from two devices are out of limit? Are you using a Cypress prototyping kit which also has gutpullups?

Bob

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Cypress Developer Community

Start a new discussion in PSoC 5 by email or at Cypress Developer Community

Following Why I2C Bus is busy with two devices? in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Cypress Developer Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Cypress Developer Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences