4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2018 8:14 AM by user_476468517

CY8CKIT-049 is found by USB Serial Tool, but never bootloader.

user_476468517

Hi people.

I am at my Wits end here.
      I have used these devices in projects at university without any issue.
      Right now I'm trying to get one to work with my personal laptop for my current project and I am getting nowhere!

I've spent the last 3 days reinstalling all Cypress software on the computer, trawling the forums, watching the tutorial videos (Which always just breeze past where my problems are), and reading the documentation.

I've tried 2 Psocs, to ensure it isn't broken and yes I am pressing the bloody button.
      The device shows up in device manager as 'USB-Serial (Single Channel) Vendor MFG'

and also 'usb serial adapter' but never as a com port. The device is visible in the serial configuration utility, and apparently programmable, yet never visible to any other cypress software, including the bootloader host.

I thought that the PSOC4 could elegantly solve a specific problem I'm having with a very particular project and I was really excited about working with PSOC again but after all of this stress I'm considering using something else. I'm not sure I'm willing to take the risk of producing thousands of units containing 8 Psocs each if I'm having this much trouble just uploading a basic bit of code!