Does the CYBLE-022001-00 EZ PRoC module support Mesh Networking

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiJa_2307936
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any limitations that would prevent this module from fulfilling any role of a bt mesh network? Node, Relay, Proxy, Friend Low Power?  Can it interoperate with the same and different BLE modules in a bluetooth network?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to this article: https://www.ericsson.com/assets/local/publications/white-papers/wp-bluetooth-mesh-c3.pdf

There are no limitations, as it only requires a firmware upgrade to work as a BLE mesh node. The hardware requirements for BLE v4.x and v5.0 are the same as for BLE Mesh.

If you can describe or list the requirements of each device/role more clearly than the BLE spec, it would help, but otherwise reading the spec seems to indicate that most if not all of the BLE mesh requirements are software implementations running on the chip, and not the hardware itself.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to this article: https://www.ericsson.com/assets/local/publications/white-papers/wp-bluetooth-mesh-c3.pdf

There are no limitations, as it only requires a firmware upgrade to work as a BLE mesh node. The hardware requirements for BLE v4.x and v5.0 are the same as for BLE Mesh.

If you can describe or list the requirements of each device/role more clearly than the BLE spec, it would help, but otherwise reading the spec seems to indicate that most if not all of the BLE mesh requirements are software implementations running on the chip, and not the hardware itself.

0 Likes

thank you for your answer. I have that pdf open, along with many others on my browser as I type. Now I just need to read it. I'm still in the early development phase so I'm still learning. Thanks again.

0 Likes

Hello,

We do not have Mesh support for PSoC4-BLE. Devices that support BLE mesh - CYW20706 (upcoming releases of WICED) and CYW20719. There are also non broad-market device CYW20735 but you will have to contact the sales office with your project details and quantity details.

Thanks,

Hima