2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 10:52 PM by mddd

stuck on Benicia USB Boot Device(cyusb3014)

user_218673987

Hello everyone, I am stuck on a problem about cyusb3014.

I designed a PCB with cyusb3014-BZXI , the schematic of the PCB is almost copied by my previous project (the part of cyusb3014 in that project was working well so far).

So recently I start to debug my new PCB.

I have checked the voltage of cyusb3014 (vbus, 1.2v, 3.3v), have checked pmode pins without short circuit.

The pmode[2:0]  = 0Z1 for SPI boot first.(pmode pins are pull UP/DOWN with register and no connected with fpga)

When I plug usb3.0 cable on the board, 'Cypress Benicia USB Boot Device' is shown on the list in Control Center. This is very strange because I never seen this info before( I have desinged several PCB about cyusb3014 and all work well ).

Then I try to program Slavefifo.img to SPI, and the control center shows "programing of SPI FLSH succeeded".

I replug the cable but 'Cypress Benicia USB Boot Device' still show on the list......

I checked two same board , the phenomenon are same.

Therefore, I have some attempt :

1. change new SPI FLASH

2. exchange SPI FLASH between previous board of my previous project and new board in this time

3. change pmode[2:0] to Z11

The above attempts have been tried but 'Cypress Benicia USB Boot Device' still show on the list......

So... I have no idea where the problem might be.

Could anyone give me a cue for this?

thanks!!