Code editor shows empty squares instead of line breaks

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiMo_301056
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

I experience a strange problem with PSoC Creator 3.1:

starting from a certain line in my main.c file, the editor displays all the remainder of the file on one single line.

Line breaks (CR+LF) in the .c source file are ignored and instead, the editor displays empty squares (see items marked in red in the following screenshot).

strange editor behavior.jpg

Nevertheless, the file compiles without errors.

How can I fix this erratic behavior of the editor?

And another question:

is it possible to permanently disable "Automatic Outlining" in source files?

Whenever I open a code source file, I find this option turned on.

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
RiMo_301056
Level 3
Level 3

To whom it may be of interest:

I could solve the problem with the erratic behavior of the code editor in PSoC Creator 3.1 by installing PSoC Creator 3.3 SP2/CP3 and using this version instead.

Fortunately, there were no issues after updating the components in PSoC Creator 3.3 and the project runs just fine as before.

I should have undertaken this step earlier, but the "Cypress Update Manager" failed to alert me about the existence of PSoC Creator 3.3 (it advertised only PSoC Creator 4.x, which for some reasons I am not yet ready to use).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RiMo_301056
Level 3
Level 3

To whom it may be of interest:

I could solve the problem with the erratic behavior of the code editor in PSoC Creator 3.1 by installing PSoC Creator 3.3 SP2/CP3 and using this version instead.

Fortunately, there were no issues after updating the components in PSoC Creator 3.3 and the project runs just fine as before.

I should have undertaken this step earlier, but the "Cypress Update Manager" failed to alert me about the existence of PSoC Creator 3.3 (it advertised only PSoC Creator 4.x, which for some reasons I am not yet ready to use).

0 Likes