- Do you want security on the communications/access?
- Do you want them to be able to change which device they connect to/read from?
- Do you want the devices to be flexible in what they access/read to/from each other?
- Does it matter which device connects first? (In Bluetooth, one device is the "master" of the connection wirelessly)
- Does the data rate matter?
- Does the latency of the data being sent matter? (how fast the byte is transmitted round trip)
- Do you need support for more devices to interface at a later date?
For a simple test:
Setup one device as a central, one as a peripheral, then setup a profile on the peripheral to hold the one byte. Read that byte on connection from the central, and you should have communication going.
Please fins a sample project along with the documentation from the below link.
For more details on the BLE Concepts ,please refer the below link.