How to return from QPI mode to SPI mode of S25FL064LABNFV040

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaKi_1384211
Level 6
Level 6
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Hi team,

I set the QPI bit to "1" by mistake.

In that case, in order to return to SPI mode, is there a way to issue QPIEX with QPI access?
Currently I can not control with QPI mode, so I can not issue OPIEX with QPI access.
Therefore, I am in trouble because I can not return to SPI mode.

Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kikuma San,

Which register you have read to confirm the QPI mode. Is it CR2NV or CR2V i.e non volatile or volatile register.

Can you please confirm.

Thanks,

krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kikuma San,

Sorry for the typo.

Which register you have written to by mistake  to set the QPI mode. Is it CR2NV or CR2V i.e non volatile or volatile register.

Can you please confirm.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes

Hi Krishna-san,

I don't actually read the register. It is assumed that QPI mode is set for the reasons below.
As the software register setting, the customer programed the value of bit1 of 3Byte in SPI mode.
After that, it was not accessible in SPI mode.
I am trying to read out the 32bit address input by the 3Byte command and RDCR.

In order to return from QPI mode to SPI mode, is it absolutely necessary to input command in QPI mode?

Thanks and regards,

Kiku

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kikuma San,

Q) In order to return from QPI mode to SPI mode, is it absolutely necessary to input command in QPI mode?

A)  Yes if you are in QPI mode then the instruction will go 4 bits at a time instead of 1 bit as in normal SPI.

The reason why I asked to which register you have written is that in case if it was written to CR2V register then power on reset will solve the issue.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes