LCD Component Library

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am submitting a library for working with character & graphic LCDs. Included are:

Character LCD with more flexible pinning (so I can put one on a Kit-059).

I2C Char LCD using one of the common I2C backpacks.

128 x 64 LCD with ST7920 controller.

132 x 32 LCD with S6B1713 controller (AKA D22-5003 module).

& possibly a component for the common 84 x 48 modules from the Nokia 5110.

Refer to the included readme.txt for further details.

This is my first post & I hope I'm putting it in the right place...

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the readme I forgot to mention the FreeRTOS field in the component editor, it doesn't do anything at present, it is a place-holder for possibly playing nice with FreeRTOS in the future. There are some delays in the LCD handlers & when I've got serious with FreeRTOS I'll try Yield()ing at those points & letting the system get on with other stuff. Maybe. In the future.

0 Likes

Hi

This may be well out of date but I have just finished a rough custom component for the ST7920 in serial mode.

The component has an 8 bit parallel load, 24 bit serial shifter and works at up to 200kHz. Any one wanting further info contact me through this site or look at my Blog site https://electronsandsmoke.wordpress.com/

0 Likes
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I would like to use your component in my project.  Can you post the project file bundle?

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Anon,

Thank you for uploading your LCD component.

This is the best place to put the component for sharing with the forum users.   I do wish they had a separate section for user components under "Member Contributions & Content".

I haven't checked it out yet but it looks extremely complex based on the description.

In your opinion, how easy would it be to modify the component to support a 320x280 display using a ST7789 SPI controller?

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes