Inventeksys and Psoc 4 UART problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone code C for AT commands from the Psoc4 BLE to Inventeksys wireless? Having an issue in the UART when putting out a string.

Here's my basic code:

#include "project.h"

int main()

{

UART_Start();

UART_UartPutString("PX\r\n");

for(;;)

{

}

}

I'm just testing if I can send commands out to automate a process. I'm keeping this really basic. Anyone have any experience or insight to Inventeksys's setup? This links their user manual AT CMD’s | eS-WiFi Support

The response I'm receiving is

>

PX

The real message I am supposed to be receiving looks like this:

>

ERROR: Insufficient Arguments

Usage: PX <0 = Server, 1 = Client>,<0-9 Exit Streaming gpio pin>

>

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally, you will want a handshake approach, where you send a message, receive a response, then repeat for your next command. This allows for checking that the device is working/responding with a success on a command sent to it.

Set up your communications based on how you expect to interact with the Inventeksys wireless device, and then ask for help on the forums here when you run into problems

Generally, people won't go out of their way to write code/applications for you, but will instead point to solutions to specific issues in an implementation you are trying to achieve. This allows for more concise and clear answers to your questions, and leaves all of the design choices up to the person who knows what is needed (YOU).

If you have questions on parts of the design too, people are happy to answer questions. Like, choosing between event and sequential programming; Synchronous versus asynchronous messaging, etc. But, unless you ask what you ask, we can't read your mind

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I cannot see where and how you get the respunse.

Can you please post your complete project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not doing anything fancy just the standard UART setup.

Having a problem getting the <CR> to function properly with the Inventeksys ISM43362 EVB module. The UART works with Cypress but the AT commands are not being issued properly when you hit the SW1 button. This is just a basic function I'd like to work so we can test further with our tech. What am I missing or doing wrong? I changed the AT command, that shouldn't matter though

0 Likes

Your UART clock is out of specs, there is a hint in the UART configuration window. Try using 47 MHz Clock, that will give a more precise result.

Is the '\n' required after the '\r' ?

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang, I went with all default settings. Would I have to add the clock? Apologize but still learning

0 Likes

Sorry, I was not quite precise:

Change the master clock in the clock editor from 48MHz to 47MHz.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob! Done. Not sure about the requirement with '\n' but I've attempted it with both and the response is the same

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "\n" is most likely not required, as the AT command set uses carriage return "\r" as the end-of-line designator. The "\n" is probably being thrown out with timing, or as a superfluous end-of-line character.

0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

I am assuming that you have connected the UART port of the PSoC4 to the breakout connector on the es-WiFi evaluation board which has been preconfigured for UART communication.

In the project you have attached, you have code that transmits an AT command to the module, but there is no code to process the data on the Rx buffer of the UART which should have the response from the module.  Have you written any code in the UART's ISR?

Or are you using some other hardware sniffer to check for the response from the module?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have some code I'm working on but still unsure of how it should work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally, you will want a handshake approach, where you send a message, receive a response, then repeat for your next command. This allows for checking that the device is working/responding with a success on a command sent to it.

Set up your communications based on how you expect to interact with the Inventeksys wireless device, and then ask for help on the forums here when you run into problems

Generally, people won't go out of their way to write code/applications for you, but will instead point to solutions to specific issues in an implementation you are trying to achieve. This allows for more concise and clear answers to your questions, and leaves all of the design choices up to the person who knows what is needed (YOU).

If you have questions on parts of the design too, people are happy to answer questions. Like, choosing between event and sequential programming; Synchronous versus asynchronous messaging, etc. But, unless you ask what you ask, we can't read your mind

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you e.pratt!

0 Likes