PSOC 4200

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaCa_301471
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

Hello community,

I'm having some issues trying to port a Capsense design to the new "CapSense P4 v4" component, and maybe some of you can help.

My design is based on 3 three simple buttons, which were ganged together for proximity sensing. I don’t have a dedicated sensor/wire for it. By using the new component I'm unable to select 0 sensing elements in the GUI.

I already tried a functional workaround by using an extra Button where i successfully selected the other 3 sensors, not having a dedicated sensing element.

What am I doing wrong? Is use case not possible with the new component/API.

Many thanks in advance,

Marco

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi Marco,

To gang three buttons (with dedicated pins) for a proximity widget, you need not try to set Sensing elements to zero. You just need to deselect dedicated pin for proximity and use dedicated pins of buttons. You can do this in Component Configuration wizard under Advanced tab.

CapSense.png

By doing so, the proximity widget wont consume any additional GPIO.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi Marco,

To gang three buttons (with dedicated pins) for a proximity widget, you need not try to set Sensing elements to zero. You just need to deselect dedicated pin for proximity and use dedicated pins of buttons. You can do this in Component Configuration wizard under Advanced tab.

CapSense.png

By doing so, the proximity widget wont consume any additional GPIO.

0 Likes

Sorry, I should have posted this details:

Those options are greyed out. I can’t select them on the proximity sensor... That is the issue.

By the way, I'm using PSCO 4.2, the beta version for PSOC 6

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Could that be a file permission issue (read-only)? Could you please share the project here?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Here.

I recheck permissions. Options stil unavailable.

Thanks,

Marco

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I am able to edit the CapSense settings without any issue. Sensor connections are not grayed out for me (like your screenshot).

I have modified the gang sensor pin as mentioned in my previous post. See if the changes are reflecting on your side. Probably you can continue you development from there.

0 Likes

Something is wrong with my PSOC creator instalation then.

I can see you modifications, but I'm still unable to edit those settings. Still grey.

I'll try to reinstall PSOC Creator

Thank you very much,

Marco 

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

After a complete new instalation of PSOC Creator 4.2, cleaning every Cypress file and config, the problem continued.

However I managed to "fix" it by downgrading the CAPSENSE P4 component from version 4.1 to 4.0

I'll use this configuration for now...

Marco

0 Likes