Hi Zhi-he Lai,
Kindly refer below comments:
1. Would it be fine if I use 16-pin instead of the 24 pins?
>> Based on your requirements, it is fine to use 24pin. The difference between 16 pin and 24 pin is bootloader and feedback way.
2. How should I connect FB pin if my input is 5V already with out the voltage divider?
>> Let it folating.
3. The datasheet mentioned that I would need a programming hardware, but I do not need data transfer for my purpose, would this be necessary for me? Also, how should I connect SWD_DAT, SWD_CLK, and AXRES if I would need it?
>> This is depends on your application. If you could like to use SWD programming, the pin you should reserved is pin#7, pin#8 , pin#23 and GND for power Cycle mode.
I didn't understand that, so let me clarify my question further:
when you said "float" the FB pin, did you mean connect it to ground or to
As far as the programming pins go, I am not sure what it's used for. If I
don't use them (ground them directly), will the chip work? i.e. supplying
power to the type-c receptacle.
Also, I know I put up a picture with 24 pins, but I am intending to use 16
Hi Zhi-he Lai,
1. Floating meant DO NOT connect. If you could like to wire out with TEST POINT, It is recommended.
2. The programming pin in is for firmware upgrade and programming. Strongly recommend you keep it as wire out with TEST POINT for firmware debug.
3. Whatever you use 24 pin or 16 pin, above comments is same.