Porting Capsense functionality

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I have to port the Capsense functionality from CY8C2018 to CY8C4014 device, I have seen that few parameters for Capsense are not there in CY8C4014, Like settling time,factory reset, and setup mode for setting the capsense parameters, Also which one of the two IDAC's in CY8C4014 can be used for just capsense application, as in CY8C2018 had one IDAC for configuration,please can somebody help me on this queries and let me know any reference manual for refering.

Thanks & regards,

Pramod kashyap

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Pramod,

A lot of paras of PSoC1 CSD can be reference for PSoC4 CapSense design. It is not recommended to use those old values directly. PSoC4 CSD supplies higher sensitivity, stronger IDAC source,  more flexible configuration ways and different code architecture.

But no matter for PSoC1 or PSoC4, their CapSense CSD theories are similar. It may not be difficult to migrate from PSoC1 to PSoC4 CapSense. Besides, PSoC4 supports a real-time tuning tool integrated in PSoC Creator which is very useful!!

I guess you have found followng two PSoC4's CapSense Design Guides. Either should be very helpful. FYI.

AN85951 - PSoC® 4 and PSoC Analog Coprocessor CapSense® Design Guide | Cypress Semiconductor

AN64846 - Getting Started with CapSense® | Cypress Semiconductor

If you are not sure how to decide any parameters in PSoC4 CSD, more questions are welcome to be post in the forum.

Enjoy it~

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RyanZhao

Hi Pramod,

PSoC4 is ARM-CortexMx core, PSoC1 is M8C core. And their peripherals design are different.

It is recommended to initial a new design according to your requirement.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for reply,

you mean that i have to design all of those parameters in CSD,

Can you please give some reference sheet so that i can get better idea.

Thanks & Regards,

Pramod Kashyap

0 Likes
RyanZhao

Hi Pramod,

A lot of paras of PSoC1 CSD can be reference for PSoC4 CapSense design. It is not recommended to use those old values directly. PSoC4 CSD supplies higher sensitivity, stronger IDAC source,  more flexible configuration ways and different code architecture.

But no matter for PSoC1 or PSoC4, their CapSense CSD theories are similar. It may not be difficult to migrate from PSoC1 to PSoC4 CapSense. Besides, PSoC4 supports a real-time tuning tool integrated in PSoC Creator which is very useful!!

I guess you have found followng two PSoC4's CapSense Design Guides. Either should be very helpful. FYI.

AN85951 - PSoC® 4 and PSoC Analog Coprocessor CapSense® Design Guide | Cypress Semiconductor

AN64846 - Getting Started with CapSense® | Cypress Semiconductor

If you are not sure how to decide any parameters in PSoC4 CSD, more questions are welcome to be post in the forum.

Enjoy it~

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes