LCD something of a screensaver effect. 4x20 Hitachi style

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Hello everyone. Iam creating a subsystem. In this subsystem people need to go through a menu with a Quadrature Decoder. Once people stop using the decoder i want it to switch to a different display (currently only the text "Device is in IDL". Once people use the decoder again i want it to switch back to the menu. Currently i wrote a code that i though should work. Fortunately it doesn't switch to the part of the code when the idle is turned on.

I currently use the PSoC 5 CY8C5888AXI-LP096 on a FreeSoc 2 Dec board. As display i use a 4x20 hitachi style display.

What i currently get is that it stays in the menu code or it imidiatly goes to the idl screen and that once it is in idl it doesn't go back to the menu mode. What happens allot to is that when i move the decoder it immidiatly goes to the idl screen while the timer hasn't run out yet. and that it only does it onces and after that not anymor. Interrupt flag??

thank you

Best Regards,

Daan Brinkers

Dropbox - To PSoC Forum.zip

0 Likes
3 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Daan,

You may consider the QuadDecoder_SW component, designed for that purpose

Quad Decoder with Button Switch component for rotary shaft encoders

One of the demo projects provided alongside the component gives  character LCD menu example. Use it as starting point and add screensaver code on inactivity timer.

odissey1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply,

Currently my problem is the screensaver code/inactivity timer. The Quadrature Decoder itself works fine. The LCD works fine too.

Best Regards,

Daan Brinkers

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Maybe so?

0 Likes