¿how to design an ultrasonic signal acquisition with SAR ADC?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my signal is 54 KHz ultrasonic signal from transducer, based on Nyquist theorem I need two times the transducer central frequency but I need more than this for my project, between 8 and 10 times the central frequency, from the ADC SAR datasheet I have read that I need to place an external capacitor,the voltage levels  of the ultrasonic signal are in the scale of milivolts ( 250 mV P-P), but actually I don´t know if the signal must be placed like an external terminal in analog pin or like a variable voltage source.   Thank you very much for the answers, I'm new with the Psoc devices and want to learn a lot from you.   

0 Likes
4 Replies
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi Jhesus,

not sure if I understand your question correct. You ask if you have to place either an ADC and a analog pin component vs. a voltage source component? If you have a external sensor with analog output, you've to use ADC and analog pin component.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this is one part of the answer, I just place an analog pin in the input of the ADC, this is the same signal wich is the analog output from the transducer. Thank you for your attention, but I have been confused with the SAR ADC, because I have a variable signal between negative and positive values, I don't know actually what input range is the correct to configure the SAR ADC, I supose this must be differential...

here is a picture of my signal, I need sample and send it to PC through serial protocol:

0 Likes

Hi Jhesus,

the input signal must be between VSSA and VDDA. If the signal is not within this range, then use a combination of series capacitor and two resistors between GND and analog supply voltage. This will remove any DC offset from the signal, and shift the signal to VDDA/2.

Regards

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Possible variant for start.

0 Likes