1 2 3 Previous Next 37 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 1:25 PM by userc_9561

Driver installation for WICED Sense

Hi,

I have the BCM9WICED_SNSE Bluetooth Smart sensor development kit

The one with the red cover shown in the link below:

http://www.macnica-na.com/wiced

I also downloaded the SDK, and followed the "WICED Smart Deveopment system" document.

After I first connected the device to my PC, the drivers didn't install properly, and I was unable to see them in the device manager.

I am using windows 7.

Also, the documentation in the SDK referece to BCM92073x_LE_KIT, which is not what I have, so I don't see how can I use this manual to help me build applications.

Thanks,

Yoav

• 1. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense
          MichaelF_56

You will need to download the Silicon Labs USB to Serial drivers that are listed within the WICED Sense Index here: WICED Sense Table of Contents

Make sure the kit is unplugged from the USB port when this is done, then reboot and plug the kit in.

Once the drivers are running, you can plug the kit into your PC and program any of the included profiles within the WICED Smart SDK onto the kit.

The Index above also has alot of other good links both for ideas and if you get stuck.

Good luck.

• 2. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense

got it...

download the driver from

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx

DONT FORGET TO EXTRACT the files to any folder, and only then click the installation file (32 or 64 bit)

• 3. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense

what "index above"?

• 5. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense

thanks,

how can I verify the switches modes in the WICED sense kit, as written in the documentation:

"Verify the WICED Smart Tag is plugged into the development PC

 Verify the USB-UART driver is correctly installed and all switches (SW2, SW3, SW4) are correctly set as described in Section 3.1.2

 Press the reset button on the WICED Smart Tag to prepare the tag for firmware download on the UART interface. The reset button is shown in Figure 3 outlined by a red rectangle."

The kit does not have those switches.

Thanks,

• 6. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense

This is troubleshooting the following download error message:

Detecting device...

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| No tag detected                                                                          |

| 1. Verify the tag is connected _AND_ powered                                             |

| 2. Verify SW2 and SW3 switches are in the UP position and all SW4 switches are set to ON |

| 3. Press the reset button on the tag and retry                                           |

|                                                                                          |

| If this problem persists, the EEPROM on the tag may be corrupted                         |

| Please see Appendix D in the Quick Start Guide for recovery instructions                 |

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Downloading application...

• 7. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense
                    MichaelF_56

Disregard.

This is referring to our full featured TAG board, which is used for development.

WICED Sense was designed as a user experience/Eval board tool, so it's quite a bit more basic compared to the development board.

Nonetheless, you can use the SDK to program it...

To fix this issue, you need to get the kit into programming mode (in Application mode by default)

Open the kit and hit the reset switch inside: WICED Sense Recovery Procedure Video

• 8. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense

so how do I troubleshoot this device detection error:

01:22:37 **** Build of configuration blood_pressure_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"C:\\Users\\yoav\\Documents\\WICED\\WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0\\WICED-Smart-SDK\\make.exe" ROM.heart_rate_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download

Linking target ELF

OK, made elf.

..\..\Tools\ARM_GNU\bin\Win32\arm-none-eabi-objdump: section '.data' mentioned in a -j option, but not found in any input file

Writing Hex image

OK, made C:/Users/yoav/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0/WICED-Smart-SDK/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../build/heart_rate_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20732A0-heart_rate_monitor-rom-ram-spar.full.hex.

Call to heart_rate_monitor_spar_crt_setup @ 00208975

OK, made C:/Users/yoav/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0/WICED-Smart-SDK/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../build/heart_rate_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20732A0-heart_rate_monitor-rom-ram-spar.cgs. MD5 sum is:

a72134107e3dc22deee2f700ff00132a *../../build/heart_rate_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20732A0-heart_rate_monitor-rom-ram-spar.cgs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patches start at                  0x00205918 (RAM address)

Patches end at                    0x002085E8 (RAM address)

Application starts at             0x00208524 (RAM address)

Application ends at               0x00208974 (RAM address)

Patch size (including reused RAM)      11472 bytes

Patch size                             11276 bytes

Application size                        1104 bytes

------

Total RAM footprint                    12380 bytes (12.1kiB)

Converting CGS to HEX...

Conversion complete

Creating OTA images...

Conversion complete

Detecting device...

| No tag detected                                                                          |

| 1. Verify the tag is connected _AND_ powered                                             |

| 2. Verify SW2 and SW3 switches are in the UP position and all SW4 switches are set to ON |

| 3. Press the reset button on the tag and retry                                           |

|                                                                                          |

| If this problem persists, the EEPROM on the tag may be corrupted                         |

| Please see Appendix D in the Quick Start Guide for recovery instructions                 |

Downloading application...

**** Download failed - Press the reset button on the device and retry ****

01:22:42 Build Finished (took 5s.297ms)

• 9. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense
                        MichaelF_56

To fix this issue, you need to get the kit into programming mode (in Application mode by default)

Open the kit and hit the reset switch inside: WICED Sense Recovery Procedure Video

• 10. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense

according to the video I need to hit both the boot and reset buttons at the same time...which means I need to take it remove the PCB from its cover... they seems to be glued pretty hard to one another...Is there a safe way to separate between the two?

• 11. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense
                            MichaelF_56

Just hit reset.

• 12. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense

I can't, the reset button is at the bottom. I only have access to the boot ROM button shown as 1 in the video.

In order to reach the reset I think I have to take the whole thing apart... and I want to be able to put it back together (which will not happen if I use force to separate the two parts).

• 13. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense
                                MichaelF_56

Take the top off, the button you see inside is reset.

I have done this several times, on several boards.

• 14. Re: Driver installation for WICED Sense

OK, I pressed it once, twice, 10 seconds...still the same error.

1 2 3 Previous Next