Unable to pack the design into 4 UDBs.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ansh_2022771
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

Hello
I was working on a design and got this error.

Unable to pack the design into 4 UDBs. See the Digital Placement section of the report file for details. For additional assistance, see the Mapper, Placer, Router section in the PSoC Creator help.

i can't find the report file. Also I am using onlt 3 UDB components. I am blocked now. In the *.rpt file I am not overusing any component but still getting this error.

Also attaching the project.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you look into the datasheet for your components under the "Resources" section you will see that you need 5 control registers for your design but you have got only four.

Workaround:

Use the SCB-based SPI component.

A tip:

Save the UDBs as long as possible. They are really "universal" and can help you out when all others fail. Your chip has got 4 TCPWM components which you might use for the timer and the PWM.

Bob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you look into the datasheet for your components under the "Resources" section you will see that you need 5 control registers for your design but you have got only four.

Workaround:

Use the SCB-based SPI component.

A tip:

Save the UDBs as long as possible. They are really "universal" and can help you out when all others fail. Your chip has got 4 TCPWM components which you might use for the timer and the PWM.

Bob

ansh_2022771
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

Hello Bob,

Thanks for Workaround. It resolved my issue.

Thanks a lot for tip as well. I will keep this in mind in future. Based on your tip now I can make some positive changes in my projects.

Thanks,

Anish

0 Likes