Usage of On-board PSoC 5LP for ADC DelSig

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
brandiware
Level 4
Level 4
First like given 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

We are starting a project using the new PSoC as a multi-sensor device. Another running project successfully deployed PSoC 5LP to manage RFID Readers. According to the documentation the PSoC 6 differs a bit with regards to analog and digital components available. For example the ADC components seem to be limited to SAR 12bit on the PSoC 6. Is that really so and if yes, can the on-board PSoC 5LP be fully utilized with its DelSig 20bit ADC ? As far as the 062-BLE board shows there are only about 13GPIOs of the PSoC 5LP exposed.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I think he means the PSoC 6 development kit with the CY8C5868LTI-LP039 PSoC5 chip used for Kitprog2.

You should be able to use the ADC on that, providing you change the kitprog firmware.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is no PSoC5 inside the PSoC6.

A PSoc 6 consists of

• ARM M0 CPU
  • ARM M4 CPU
  • Components as listed for the selected device specs
  • a lot of glue logic

so far there are no Del Sig ADCs offered for PSoC6, you'll probably need to use an external part.

Bob

0 Likes

I think he means the PSoC 6 development kit with the CY8C5868LTI-LP039 PSoC5 chip used for Kitprog2.

You should be able to use the ADC on that, providing you change the kitprog firmware.

0 Likes

Thanks user_292470891

you nailed it. That's what I meant but wasn't really specific in my question

0 Likes