The sFlash can be written by the programmer itself, and can be incremented/changed for each programming operation. Potentially, you could setup your device to load the MAC from the sFlash and to program incrementing MACs into the sFlash with the programmer when programming the device.
Setting Bluetooth Device Address - KBA211407
I have tried SFLASH Update Tool with CY8CKIT-042-BLE KIT. It works nicely. I updated mac address with SFLASH Tool.
I have tried SFLASH Update Tool with CYBLE-022001-00 module. No connection between CYBLE-022001-00 and SFLASH Tool.
I am using MiniProg3 Programmer with 5 Pin Connector.
I want to update CYBLE-022001-00 mac address with SFLASH Tool.
What should I do to update the CYBLE-022001-00 module's mac address with the SFLASH Tool?
I'm not sure which SFLASH Tool you are referring to, but if you can reach and program the chip with the 5-pin port, then you should also be able to program the sFlash as well. Potentially, setting the device to secured flash might prevent changes, but I have not tested it myself to confirm it.
- The method should be the same between different cyble chips if you have the same firmware program/code on each chip.
- Try setting the image to "Unprotected" and see if that fixes the issue as well.
- I would assume you have code that reads the MAC address from SFlash on your cy8ckit-042-ble-kit? If that is so, are you using the same image programmed into the CYBLE-022001-00? There might be changes necessary for changing to the new device. (E.G. pinouts, hardware capabilities, addressing, etc.)
I tested Day029_BLE_SFlash_Write with CY8CKIT-042-BLE KIT. I can change mac address with this software. I'm not talking about Software Flash. I `m talking about PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool.
My questions are different.
Let's go step by step.
I read this document. Setting Bluetooth Device Address - KBA211407 .
I applied what was written in red box with 5pin Header of MiniProg3. I updated the CY8CKIT-042- mac address with PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool. After I updated the mac address, I tested it with Day001_Find_Me software. It works nicely. It is broadcasting with the mac address given by PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool. Everything is okey.
I would like to do the above with the module CYBLE-022001-00. I made the pin connections as follows.
SDAT pin number 18 SCB0_SDA
SCLK pin number 19 SCBO_SCL
XRES pin number 14 XRES
VTARG 3.3 V
No connection between CYBLE-022001-00 and SFLASH Tool. I want to change the mac address of the CYBLE-022001-00 module with the PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool. I tried, but the connection failed. Is there a solution to this problem ?
- CYBLE-022001-00 PRoC Module, CY8CKIT-042-BLE PSoC
- Which module-chips can work with PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool .
- Is the PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool working with PSoC and not working with PRoC. Is there such a case ?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I believe your pin connections for SDAT and SCLK should be going to pins 11 and 12;
Pin 11 is P0.6 which goes to SDAT
Pin 12 is P0.7 which goes to SCLK
The SCB_0 module is used for UART communications/application communication lines. My guess is that is the issue you are encountering. The pinouts for the Miniprog3 connections to each module/device is unique to the device/module; Thus, the pins will change between the PSoC and PRoC chips for the programming port. The CYBLE-022001-00 EVAL board contains a 5-pin header for easy connection to the Miniprog3. (looking at pictures of it online should help)