Can't program WICED module after setting clock to 48 MHz

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have set the WICED clock to "PLATFORM_CPU_CLOCK_FREQUENCY_48_MHZ"  and tried to flash the WICED module, however after it starts up I only see the following:

Starting WICED v5.1.0

Platform BCM943907 initialised

Started ThreadX v5.6

Initialising NetX_Duo v5.7_sp2

Creating Packet pools

then I cannot reprogram the WICED module anymore.

what is the issue ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Pull the chip select of the sflash (U6: MX25L6433FZNI-08G) high and then release it after few seconds of bootup. Once this is done, the chip flash is erased and you should be able to use your module again.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please give us the module details, this will help us to reproduce the issue(if possible). Also the snip which you are using?

As per the logs I think your device is unable to initialize. Is the clock frequency supported by the MCU? we will look into this and let you know.

rroy

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use any snip you like. just change the MCU clock to 48 MHz. and yes it should be supported.

I am using the "BCM943907" module.  The problem is I cannot program the module again even if I set the clock back to 320 or 160 MHz.

you can use this snip to test:

test.console-BCM943909WCD1_3-ThreadX-NetX_Duo-debug

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

I don't think you can change the MCU clock to 48 MHz. If you check the sflash (connected with your 43907) datasheet, you should be able to locate that for a read operation, 50 MHz clock frequency is required. Hence, you can not set the MCU clock to 48 MHz. I think the lowest you can go is 60 MHz which was mentioned in the power save app note. Please let me know whether you are receiving the download_dct error now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your reply.

yes I realize that I cannot program at 48 MHz, and yes I do get the "download_dct" error, however I am unable to program the module again even if I set the clock back to 60 MHz or anything higher. So my question is why I cannot program it again ?

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

Pull the chip select of the sflash (U6: MX25L6433FZNI-08G) high and then release it after few seconds of bootup. Once this is done, the chip flash is erased and you should be able to use your module again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

thanks for your message.

I tried the suggestion above, however the sFlash still cannot be erased and also cannot be programmed.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I had to power off then power on the WICED to make it work.

so your suggestion actually work. Thanks !