3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2017 4:01 PM by ntan

Fx3 Firmware example code build failure

dbhavnagari_2739646

Hi I just got started with the fx3. After importing the example firmware given with the SDK I get the following error when I try to build them

C:/Program Files (x86)/Cypress/EZ-USB FX3 SDK/1.3/ARM GCC/bin/cs-make --no-print-directory post-build

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `C:/Program Files (x86)/Cypress/EZ-USB FX3 SDK/1.3/ARM GCC/bin/cs-make --no-print-directory post-build'

cs-make: *** [USBBulkLoopAuto.elf] Error 1

I have copied over all the projects during Import.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Dhaval

• 1. Re: Fx3 Firmware example code build failure
          ntan

Are you using the EZ USB Suite (eclipse) IDE?

Did you import an example project to your own workspace?

If you install the "EZ-USB FX3 SDK" on your PC, please refer the "Getting Started with FX3 SDK" document installed with the SDK.  The default location of the PDF document is C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware  Please follow the steps in the section "3 Working with the FX3 SDK"

Regards,

Noriaki

• 2. Re: Fx3 Firmware example code build failure
            dbhavnagari_2739646

Yes I am using their IDE and I followed the getting started guide and did exactly the same steps. My colleague was able to build it  without any issues. Th only difference is my operating system is Windows 7 64 bit and his is Windows 10. I am not sure if there is anything different i need to do for windows 7.

• 3. Re: Fx3 Firmware example code build failure
              ntan

Thank you for confirmation.  Following is a LOG of post-build step on my Windows 7 64bit PC.

'Finished building target: USBBulkLoopAuto1p3p3.elf'
              ' '
              cs-make --no-print-directory post-build
              'Generate boot-loadable binary image'
              'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\/util/elf2img/elf2img.exe' -i USBBulkLoopAuto1p3p3.elf -o USBBulkLoopAuto1p3p3.img -v
              Note: 256 bytes of interrupt vector code have been removed from the image.
                    Use the "-vectorload yes" option to retain this code.

In this step, an IMG file is going to be created from the ELF file.  In you LOG, it seems that the /usr/bin/sh is used to execute the cs-make.  /usr/bin/sh is a shell command used in UNIX-like operating system.  So, I assume that some configuration of eclipse is wrong.

I cannot find out the reason why eclipse uses /usr/bin/sh right now.

If possible, please repair the SDK using the SDK installer.

Regards,

Noriaki