Bluetooth mesh

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw that the Bluetooth SIG qualified Cypress' Bluetooth mesh stack a couple weeks ago, here. ​Is there an estimated release date for the stack now that the it is qualified?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Answer as posted in the alternate forum:

Sig compliant BT Mesh will be supported on the CYW20719/CYW20706 initially.  The CYW20719 will be introduced to the broad market and be available within the Broad Market SDK very early in 2018. The 20706 is supported today, but mesh support for the 20706 will be in the upcoming releases of WICED Studio.

Combo chip broad market support of the standard will most likely follow later in 2018.

The CYW2073X will not support Sig Compliant Mesh.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rob,

Bluetooth mesh is available on WICED devices. The qualification is for the same. It is currently not being developed for PSoC 4 BLE devices.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I now understand that ble mesh is being implemented in another family of devices but this does not answer my question of when you will make mesh available to developers. I've reposted this question in the WICED forum.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Answer as posted in the alternate forum:

Sig compliant BT Mesh will be supported on the CYW20719/CYW20706 initially.  The CYW20719 will be introduced to the broad market and be available within the Broad Market SDK very early in 2018. The 20706 is supported today, but mesh support for the 20706 will be in the upcoming releases of WICED Studio.

Combo chip broad market support of the standard will most likely follow later in 2018.

The CYW2073X will not support Sig Compliant Mesh.

0 Likes