3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2017 9:32 PM by ntan

Gettin analog HW Muxer to work with CH>8 and control register

user_394097369

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for an answer how to select channels in analog hw muxer by using control register.

As I'm supposed to use analog muxer as a switch, i can't make it work with let's say 9 Channels as control register provides 8 lines only.

In switch mode one is supposed to use one input connection per analog switch.

How can i make this thing work? HW Muxer per default provides up to 16 diifferential inputs.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

• 1. Re: Gettin analog HW Muxer to work with CH>8 and control register
          user_1377889

The Analog HW Mux component needs 4 bits to select one input out of 8, So you will need a control register of width 5 to select your signal out of more than 8 inputs.

Bob

• 2. Re: Gettin analog HW Muxer to work with CH>8 and control register
            user_394097369

Thanks for your anser, Bob. But is this true for analog switch? Component switch automatically no. of lines required to 9 if i do increase number of inputs to 9.

• 3. Re: Gettin analog HW Muxer to work with CH>8 and control register
              ntan

I assumes in following description that PSoC 3/5LP is used to implement a multiplexer.  If you are going to use a PSoC 4 please let me know.

The Analog Hardware Mux component has two modes Mux and Switch.  The mode can be configured by the Component Configuration Tool dialogue.

If the component is configured as a 10-to-1 multiplexer in Mux mode, the component has 4 select lines to select one of 10 inputs.  In this mode, the switch is flipped at the timing of the clock input regarding the output of the 4-bit Control Register.

GS003319.png

If the component is configured as a 10-to-1 multiplexer in Switch mode, the component has 10 select lines which controls the switches between the inputs and the output individually.  In this case, 10-bit Control Register is required to control the multiplexer.  You must prepare two Control Register components because the maximum bit-width of a Control Register is eight.  You can turn ON and OFF any switches in this mode.

GS003320.png

Regards,

Noriaki