UART in sleep mode?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I have an application where I need to listen for UART traffic and send data at low baud rates.

I'd like to put the PSoC in a low power mode while those actions are taking place, but the UART doesn't operate in anything below alternate active.

Is there something I need to do differently?

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want the UDB UART  to be active and still want to use Low Power modes, then you need to make use of Alternate Active Mode only.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want the UDB UART  to be active and still want to use Low Power modes, then you need to make use of Alternate Active Mode only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Going further, I checked the documentation for PSoC 4 and PSoC 6 and discovered that the dedicated Serial Communication Blocks on those chips can operate in deep sleep, but only in SPI and I2C slave mode. Is that correct?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Forrest,

By operational - it means they can be used as Wake-Up sources. For e.g., In case of I2C Slave, PSoC can be woken up by an external I2C Master on Slave address match. The data following the Slave address in the Wake-Up packet can also be received by the slave.

0 Likes