CY7C68034-NAND Compatibility

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are using CY7C68034-56LTXI on our design to access 2GB NAND Flash part# MT29F16G08AJADAWP. Please can anyone clarify me on following points.

1. Whether the selected NAND part is compatible to use with CY7C68034 controller.

2. Where can i get Recommended Land Pattern(footprint) details for CY7C68034 as this information not available in datasheet.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

You need to verify the following parameters from the NAND datasheet in order to confirm whether the NAND is compatible with NX2LP or not:

1) Page size: 2k or 4k

2) Pages per block: 64

3) NAND type: SLC

4) ECC requirements: 1 bit correction (2 bit detection) per 528 bytes

5) Complies with the ONFI standard

Please refer the link http://www.cypress.com/file/98541/download  to get a list of NANDs that were found compatible with NX2LP. There may a few more NANDS which are compatible but never tested.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

You need to verify the following parameters from the NAND datasheet in order to confirm whether the NAND is compatible with NX2LP or not:

1) Page size: 2k or 4k

2) Pages per block: 64

3) NAND type: SLC

4) ECC requirements: 1 bit correction (2 bit detection) per 528 bytes

5) Complies with the ONFI standard

Please refer the link http://www.cypress.com/file/98541/download  to get a list of NANDs that were found compatible with NX2LP. There may a few more NANDS which are compatible but never tested.

0 Likes

I am looking to interface with a similar chip, the MT29F128G08CFABBWP-12IT:B, with this CY7C68034-56LTXI to make it a linux-bootable flash storage device.

I'm afraid it doesn't meet all of the requirements you posted:

1) Page size x8: 8936 bytes (8192 + 744 bytes)

2) Block size: 256 pages (2048K + 186K bytes)

3) NAND Type SLC

4) ECC, unsure?

5) ONFI 2.3

This may be why it doesn't come up as a mass storage device when I plug it into Windows or Linux, but goes into Manufacturing Mode as documented in the datasheet.

Also, Windows 10 won't install the unsigned drivers in that come with the NANDmfg.exe program. Is this cypress device I'm trying to use way out of date or can it work? Is there a better part that I can use instead?

0 Likes
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Yes, NX2LP-Flex is a good chip to use in this case. But please make sure that the NAND flash which you are using is compatible with the chip.

0 Likes